Partners and Support
The EthicShare project is generously funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Additional support provided by:
- The Council on Library and Information Resources
- The University of Minnesota’s Center for Bioethics
- The University of Minnesota Libraries
- The University of Minnesota Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- The National Science Foundation: # IIS 05‐34420 Helping Hands/CALV
Governance Board Partners:
While based at the University of Minnesota, the project also had governance support from bioethics and practical ethics scholars at our partner institutions. These governance board members provided oversight and guidance to the project, while representing the disciplines that the project attempts to serve.
- James Childress, Ph.D, Professor, University of Virginia – Department of Religious Studies
- Mildred Cho, Ph.D, Associate Director, Stanford University – Center for Biomedical Ethics
- Eric Meslin, Ph.D., Director, Indiana University‐Purdue University at Indianapolis ‐ Center for Bioethics
- Richard Miller, Ph.D, Director, University of Indiana – Bloomington – Poynter Center for the Study of Ethics and American Institutions
- Barton Moffatt, Ph.D, Mississippi State University ‐ Department of Philosophy and Religion
- Leigh Turner, Ph.D, Professor, University of Minnesota - Center for Bioethics
- LeRoy Walters, Ph.D, Professor, Georgetown University - Kennedy Institute of Ethics
The Bioethics Thesaurus, developed at the Kennedy Institute of Ethics' National Reference Center for Bioethics Literature, is being used in conjunction with the EthicShare Community Keywords feature with KIE's generous permission.
In addition, scholarly content and data has been harvested for EthicShare through our partnerships with the following providers:
Lastly, the OCLC WorldCat Registry is utilized to operate the library link service we provide on the site.
The support of all these individuals and organizations has been invaluable to the creation of EthicShare. Thank you!