20th International Congress on Palliative Care, Deadline to Register at Peferential Rates
Type of Event
Tue, 09/09/2014 (All day)
Fri, 09/12/2014 (All day)
Fri, 08/01/2014 (All day)
20th International Congress on Palliative Care
40 years of Sharing, Inspiring, Renewing
DEADLINE TO REGISTER at preferential rates: August 1, 2014
We hope that you are planning to join us for the 20th International Congress on Palliative Care, to be held September 9-12, 2014, at the Palais des Congrès in Montréal, Canada. This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline to register at the preferential rates is in two weeks: Friday, August 1, 2014.
Presented by Palliative Care McGill (McGill University) every two years since 1976, this biennial Congress has earned its well-deserved reputation of being one of the world’s preeminent gatherings of palliative care professionals and others with an interest in the field.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON PALLIATIVE CARE SO SPECIAL?
- A unique opportunity to meet, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues from over 60 countries, representing all disciplines involved in palliative care
- Practical, in-depth workshops and seminars on a broad range of topics covering all aspects of end-of-life care, from the most current scientific developments in pain and symptom control, to the large existential questions, to hands-on experiential sessions addressing practical issues faced every day
- Renowned speakers who expand your knowledge, deepen your understanding, and inspire you to renew your commitment to palliative care
- All sessions structured to allow ample time for dialogue, questions and thoughtful interaction with speakers and fellow participants
- Reflections – a brief interlude of images and music at the start of each Plenary – providing a unique and moving experience that leaves a lasting impression.
Over 250 workshops, proffered papers, research fora and special seminars, and 300 posters.
A rewarding way to earn continuing education credits!
AMONG THE HIGHLIGHTS:
Inspiring speakers such as:
- Stephen Lewis, Distinguished Visiting Professor, Ryerson University, Canada;
- Irene J. Higginson, Cicely Saunders International and King's College London, United Kingdom;
- Sheldon Solomon, Skidmore College, United States;
- Carlo Leget, University of Humanistic Studies, The Netherlands;
- Tanguy Châtel, Sociologist, France;
- Nicole Poirier, Director of Carpe Diem – Alzheimer’s Resource Centre, Canada;
- Bernard J. Lapointe, Eric M. Flanders Chair in Palliative Medicine, McGill University, Canada.
All-Day Seminars on
- Whole Person Care for Persons with Cognitive Impairment
- Nursing Patients at the End of Life: Educating, Supporting, Innovating
- Clinical Master Class: Non-Malignant Disease and the Patient with Multiple Comorbidities
- Pediatric Palliative Care (two-day seminar)
Special Seminars on:
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care Nursing
- Pharmacotherapy and Palliative Care: What We Need to Know
- Monitoring Performance in Palliative Care
Sessions on Terror Management, Spiritual Care, Visceral Pain, Palliative Sedation, Bereavement, Disenfranchised Grief, Leadership Challenges, Integrating a Palliative Approach Across Settings, Best Practices in Measurement for Service Development and Evaluation, and much much more...
The Congress will mark its 20th anniversary this year and will also celebrate the important contribution of McGill University to Palliative Care worldwide over the last 40 years. In addition to a top-notch scientific programme, this year will include:
- Exciting Social Events (Welcome Reception, Anniversary Celebration “At the Circus”)
- Self-Care Activities (Integral Tai-Chi, Qi-Gong, Yoga, Pilates, Meditation, Walk or Run)
- Retrospective Exhibit “Celebrating 40 Years of Palliative Care”
- Networking Opportunities
- Exhibition of products and services related to palliative care
- Student Activities
- Music to Inspire You
For more information: www.pal2014.com
or call +1 450-292-3456 ext. 227.
We look forward to welcoming you in Montreal!