20th International Congress on Palliative Care
Type of Event
Tue, 09/09/2014 (All day)
Fri, 09/12/2014 (All day)
From September 9 to 12 at the Palais des Congrès in Montréal, the Congress will mark its 20th anniversary and will also celebrate the important contribution of McGill University to Palliative Care worldwide over the last 40 years.
It’s not too late to register – and we would be very pleased to welcome you to what promises to be the best Congress ever! Have a look at the Final Programme and you will realize just what a rich array of scientific content and social activities is being planned for this special anniversary Congress.
It is an excellent opportunity to meet, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues from over 60 countries, representing all disciplines involved in palliative care. The programme includes plenary sessions featuring world-renowned speakers as well as over 250 workshops, proffered papers, research fora and special seminars, and 300 posters. And you will also be able to earn continuing education credits!
AMONG THE HIGHLIGHTS:
Inspiring speakers such as:
- Stephen Lewis, Distinguished Visiting Professor, Ryerson University, Canada;
- Irene J. Higginson, Cicely Saunders International and King's College London, United Kingdom;
- Sheldon Solomon, Skidmore College, United States;
- Carlo Leget, University of Humanistic Studies, The Netherlands;
- Tanguy Châtel, Sociologist, France;
- Nicole Poirier, Director of Carpe Diem – Alzheimer’s Resource Centre, Canada;
- Bernard J. Lapointe, Eric M. Flanders Chair in Palliative Medicine, McGill University, Canada.
All-Day Seminars on
- Whole Person Care for Persons with Cognitive Impairment
- Nurses Caring for Patients at the End of Life: Educating, Supporting, Innovating
- Clinical Master Class: Non-Malignant Disease and the Patient with Multiple Comorbidities
- Pediatric Palliative Care (two-day seminar)
Special Seminars on:
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care Nursing
- Pharmacotherapy and Palliative Care: What We Need to Know
- Monitoring Performance in Palliative Care
as well as...
Networking Opportunities & Exciting Social Events
Self-Care Activities (Tai-Chi, Qi-Gong, Yoga, Pilates, Meditation, Zumba, Walk)
Live Music and Reflections to Inspire You
An Exhibition of products and services related to palliative care
A Retrospective Exhibit – Celebrating 40 Years of Palliative Care
For more information: